Monday, June 23, 2008

SHOUT BOX.....SILENCED


Dear Readers,

Greetings and I do hope that you are doing great.

I regret I had to make a decision which I was not to happy – taking out the SHOUT BOX from my blog. Infect, when I first wanted to include the SHOUT BOX application many of my friends did advice me that it may not be a good idea as there could be some online readers who may use the SHOUT BOX for their own agenda and they may even use the SHOUT BOX to say things which could be rude and uncultured.

Being a person who practice and believe public relations – whereby as practitioners we believe that two way communications would be better than one way communication (infect, we in the industry are even thinking of proposing that the Ministry of Information in Malaysia should be renamed as the Ministry of Public Relations). I thought by installing the SHOUT BOX I would be able to chat with my online readers immediately and if not immediate at least get back to them as soon as possible.

BUT, it was so disappointing that one on-line reader thought it was a clever idea to talk bad about one’s father in my SHOUT BOX. How low can one go?

As much as I want to interact with cultured people in my blog, there seem to be a few uncultured characters’ that have spoilt the good name of many good online visitors that I have had.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to continue the SHOUT BOX. However, as in the past I will continue to receive your comments and will also publish them.

MY VIEWS…..Education alone does not make a person cultured, a proper upbringing plays an important role.

NOTE: Please be ready to read my next writings where I would talk about the similarities and also how Public Relations and Politics should work hand-in-hand for the betterment of the community – where ever they may be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kamalanathan,

I saw that awful note in the shoutbox, and was thinking what was it about...
It's a wise choice that you've taken shoutbox out...and yea, it's great that you're bringing PR hand in hand with politics, and can't wait to see the insights you post here! :) I'm sure it'll be useful for all..
Cheers,
Tim