Thursday, June 5, 2008

Values of a President in Waiting


My recent article about my introduction to a new culture in Indonesia brought in many views and opinions from many friends. I thank all of them for giving me your opinions of which I have posted all of them and I do hope that readers do read those comments. Off course, there are comments which has directly criticised me, BUT, I think I can handle them. After all, Public Relations have thought me how to handle situations like this and even worst than this.

In the meantime, for your information, I am currently reading a book titled ‘The Audacity of Hope’ by Barack Obama and I must let you know HE IS AN AMAZING person. The People of the United States of America must do a favour for all the minorities in the world by electing him to be the Commander in Charge of the Oval Office. (I am sure some of you know, what I mean.)

I want to share a paragraph that I read in his book and it goes like this “We think of faith as a source of comfort and understanding but find our expression of faith sowing divisions; we believe ourselves to be tolerant people even as racial, religious and cultural tensions roil the landscape. And instead of resolving these tensions or mediating these conflicts, our politics fans them, exploits them, and drives us further apart”

How true….and at that very second, I asked myself. Was Barack Obama in Indonesia or Malaysia?

I will be writing more on this man, after all, he would be a pace setter or an idol for many young political aspirant’s all over the world (including me….).
My Views.....Lets find ways to resolve tensions and conflicts without fanning or exploting them. Lets just stick to the values of RUKUN NEGARA (Nation's 5 Principle) We cannot go wrong. Remember, there is no mention of a race or religion there.

1 comment:

Premnath Agamutu said...

I read the book too chief. Good stuff.