Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FACEBOOK & TWITTER INTO A NEW ZONE

I have been writing in my blog since 2006 and I must say it has not been that easy at all, I shared with you the ups and downs in getting an article across. But, not anymore, I try to write at least once a week, at times more than that.

Having said that, I am indeed happy to share with you that I have also achieved 2 other important milestone in my social media experience; both via my Twitter and Facebook.

YES, i have just passed the 2,000 follower via my Twitter account and also passed my 5,000th friend via my Facebook. It is true, the survey we all read, Malaysians are the most active social network user, but then again, in my case, both in my Twitter and Facebook account, I have either met or spoken to at least 80% of them.

During my recent paper presentation at the GoMobile Conference in Kuala Lumpur, I spoke to the participants how the new media kept me in touch with my constituents. There is no doubt, that the new media and social media is here to stay for a long, long time and if you don't get used to it - not only will you be left behind, but, you will not even be noticed.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my friend who have been following me via Twitter, Facebook and via my blog - YOU kept me going.

I would also like to seek a favor from you, as you are probably aware, the moment the Facebook friends reach nearly 5,000 we will not be able to add any more friends, as such, I would be knocking on your Facebook account to add me as your friend, i hope you would give me an opportunity to be in your Facebook as much as I want you in my Facebook.

GOD bless you and may we live to find out what's next in the social media.

No comments: