Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MY REPLY TO JUDY - RESIDENT OF BUKIT BERUNTONG

By Judy on MENGATASI KESESAKAN JALAN PERSEKUTUAN RAWANG - SUN... on 11/23/10

As a resident of Bukit Beruntung (Sek. BB2)I would like to request your assistance to address the landfill stench (located near the toll) that we are facing daily. On a hot day after the rubbish is dumped there the smell is overpowering. I really feel more sorry for the toll booth staff who have to endure this. You promised a lot of things will be done to improve this place during the election and we are still waiting. Please DO NOT BE JUST LIKE THE POLITICIANS BEFORE YOU. All talk no action. The people residing in Kg. Timah, Rasa too need help and transport is one of their main concerns.

Dear Judy,

Let me first thank you for sharing with me on various issues via my blog. I would try my best to respond to you accordingly;

1. Landfill Stench the the BB Toll Plaza;

    For your information, the landfill is not near the Bukit Beruntong Toll Plaza, its near the Bukit Tagar Toll Plaza and for your information, the Bukit Tagar Landfill which is managed by KUB-Berjaya Enviro, is one of the best managed landfill in the country, you could read about their facilities as well as the way they manage the landfill via their website [www.kbenviro.com.my].

  Having said that, you are somewhat correct. There is a dumpsite which is located near Bukit Beruntong and i guess you are refering to that. For your information, the dumpsite there is being used by the Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor which comes under the jurisdiction of the State Government. Although, they can easily send their waste to the Bukit Tagar landfill, they choose not to, and their reason is because - its expensive. Which, i cannot accept, as tow other local authority are using the landfill (DBKL and Majlis Perbandaran Selayang). If Majlis Perbandaran Selayang can use it and send their lorries to Bukit Tagar, i dont see why Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor can's use it.

   I have requested the officers at Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor to consider using the landfill instead of using the dumpsite - I hope they will listen to me. 

2. Transport for people in Rasah.

   I was informed about this problem during one of my meet the people session in Rasah, while i acknowledge that there is a problem there, but, i may not be able to help them in total. As the request is quite a lot and if do help in total, there are many places in Hulu Selangor which is facing similar situation. I would end up providing only transport allowances to the people in Hulu Selangor instead of helping all on other social and welfare issues.

  I have informed the people in Rasah to send me a suggestion on how we can together solve this problem and im waiting for their proposal.

Judy, i would like to thank you for your concern and let me assure you that I would do my best to my friends in Hulu Selangor and thats is what i promised during the bye-election.

I promised to my friends in Hulu Selangor that i will work hard for them,  just to quote on what i said 'Saya berjanji saya akan bekerja siang, petang, pagi, malam, subuh dan senja' and thats what i am doing.

I walk the talk.

P Kamalanathan



2 comments:

JUDY said...

Thank you for your prompt reply. However, I am disappointed that the matter is left hanging. I appreciate you suggesting to MDHS to use the Bukit Tagar landfill but as a BN politician I am definately sure you can do more that just a call / letter to MDHS. There must be follow-up by your staff and a amicable solution to this serious health issue. I have lived here for more than a decade and have yet to enjoy the supposedly clean air. No point working day and night if any of the rakyat's problems cannot be resolved.

As to the numerous problems faced by the Rasah rakyat, you should sit down together with them and prepare the proposal as the residents of Rasah will not be able to do it on their own and this too will be left unresolved. I hope your statement " I walk the talk" is not just mere words and no action. Its the public opinion that the Politicians words are just hot air and unending list of empty promises. What is your say on this??

Thanks and regards
Judy, Bukit Bueruntung resident.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.